PRATT builds lightweight, high strength chassis, which are technically and innovatively engineered. We have been building trailers for over 30 years. Over these years, we are constantly improving our Standard models and are simultaneously developing new innovative models.
Our years of experience provide you with quality trailers and excellent service support. Our trailers have the highest retail value in the industry. We make trailers that are heavy duty as well as light weight that gives our customers leading edge in the marketplace.
All this is possible through our advanced engineering, latest manufacturing techniques and the use of high quality top grade material in building our trailers.
Advanced Designs. Lasting Quality… Every Time.
- Our engineering staff is well versed in working with an ever-changing technical environment.
- Our engineers have vast experience in various facets of the Intermodal and transportation industries.
- We use 3D modeling software (PTC’s Creo and Solidworks), Inventor, AutoCAD and FEA software as our design and analysis tools. By taking advantage of the power and accuracy of parametric modeling and our years of Intermodal experience we provide the best-engineered product that is customized to the specific needs of our customer.
- We design and engineer our steel frame to reduce tare weight, increase payload and to lower operation maintenance.
- PRATT has more experience being the leading supplier of tank chassis than any other manufacturer in the intermodal industry. Over 45 major bulk carriers and major shippers utilize PRATT ISO tank container chassis to legally and safely transport their tank containers.
- Our 40″ deck height enhances stability. PRATT chassis have wide 45″ main beam with 102″ wide tire width.
- We use Hi-Strength Low Alloy T-1 Steel (100,000 – 150,000 psi yield strength) for main beam flanges.
- PRATT Sliders incorporate the roller mechanism for friction free sliding.
- Our Drop frames are designed for low deck heights and higher stability.
- Tectyl rust prohibitive coating on the kingpin area.
- High-pressure shot blast cleaning and descaling of frame components to prevent blistering and paint perforation.