TITLE: Finish Tech/Assembler
EEO STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installation of suspension and running gear components, landing gear assembly and components, wheel components and tires, brake, and air components, electrical, lighting and wiring components, mud flaps, VIN plates and any other prescribed decals and/or safety components on trailer.
- Operate and/or use related equipment and tools which may include hoists, slings, hand tools, and a tape measure.
- Knowledge of and ability to use torque wrenches to adjust parts and equipment, or install parts and equipment, following established specifications and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply inspection techniques (e.g., formalized inspection standards, inspections instructions, best practices).
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, blueprints, work instructions and procedures.
- Maintain level of work performance in accordance with Pratt standards and/or the job order specifications.
- Perform or assist in other assigned duties as qualified.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Good Attendance is requisite for being able to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be dependable, open to changes and new ideas, adaptable to new situations and challenges, and use time wisely.
- The ability to satisfactorily work alone, and willingness to work with others respectfully and professionally in a team environment, with reasonable instructions, training, and supervision.
- The ability to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, including the ability to notice inconsistencies/faults in parts, equipment, or production processes to prevent faulty products leaving the facility.
- Education and/or Experience: High School diploma or GED required.
- Trailer assembly and/or heavy equipment manufacturing experience preferred.
POSITION Finish Tech/Assembler
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION Pratt Intermodal Chassis – PIC builds lightweight, high strength intermodal chassis, which are technically and innovatively-engineered.